As you can read in my header, I made it to the gym this morning. But I think that next time I am going alone. My husband woke me up at 6 am to get ready to go to the gym. We got up, I started my coffee & I typically eat breakfast right away in the morning.
In the past, I would skip breakfast completely (except for the coffee). I have been consciously making breakfast every morning and eating breakfast in the morning so I don't go back into my old ways. So, my husband was planning on us leaving for the gym around 6:30-6:45 am. But everyone started waking up and eating breakfast, we didn't get done until 7:15 am. Well, let's just say that he started to freak out. "If I don't get to the gym by 7 am, then I don't go at all," and on and on and on. So, I hurried up, gathered my things and bolted out the door with him.
In the car ride to the gym, he would not let it stop. We got to the gym by 7:45 am & I told him that I would do 20 mins on the treadmill, get in the shower, and we would go to the office (with me having wet hair). So I did my 20 mins, (1 min of speed walking, 1 min of jogging), got in the shower and got dressed and came out of the locker room. He expected us to be completely done and in the car by 7:30 am. We didn't get into the car until 7:38 am. And here we go again with more complaining about why we didn't leave by 7:30 am, how if he didn't get to the gym by 7 am, this is why he doesn't go and work out. I felt like a whipped puppy!!! Of course, we got into an argument in the car, and I pretty much told him that from now on I won't ask him to go to the gym with me and that I am going on my own. And that is what I am going to do!!!
With all of that said, he did apologize, he didn't want me to feel like he doesn't want to workout with me and he doesn't want me to succeed. He also spent the rest of the day making it up to me. But hey, at least I got my workout in, in the morning, and I felt great the rest of the day!!
Here is my food journal entry for today:
Breakfast
Egg & Hashbrown Skillet
Coffee
Lunch
Crispy Orange Chicken Bowl (ate only 1/2)
Chips & Dip
Water (3)
Dinner
1/2 bowl of Mac & Cheese
Water (3)
Clearing out the fridge of leftovers!!!
Tomorrow is my free day!!! Also, I am excited to see what's in store for me in 2010. I am looking forward to continue on my journey and seeing all the changes that I am going to go through!! Happy New Year everyone & I will talk to you all next year!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment